The Truth about Tooth Replacement – Dental Implants vs. Dental Bridges
Have you lost teeth over time? Now you can easily replace them with dental implants and dental bridges. Learn which is best for you.
All the Facts on Dental Implants
According to dental experts, dental implants are one of the popular restorations today. They consist of titanium posts that are surgically inserted into the jawbone to serve as a base for the replacement teeth. Dental implants offer both a number of positives and problems. Go over their features and factors to see if they suit your needs:
- Permanent solution
- Outstanding longevity, lasting up to 25 years or more
- No need to remove any natural tooth structure from surrounding teeth for placement
- Requires barely any maintenance
- Very easy to maintain
- Simple care and cleaning process, requiring the same brushing, flossing, and regular professional dental care as natural teeth
- Easy to brush and floss
- Most natural look
- Very comfortable
- Allows for easy talking, eating, and chewing
- Very cost-effective long-term because no replacement is needed
- Surgery is needed for placement
- More costly than other options, but finding an affordable dentist can ease the total expense
All the Details on Dental Bridges
Another top option for replacing lost teeth is a temporary solution called dental bridges. Dental bridges feature a frame that has dental crowns on each side and replacement teeth in the middle. The dental crowns get attached to the surrounding teeth to secure the frame with the replacement teeth. To see if dental crowns are right for you, take a look at what they offer:
- Recommended in people with significant jawbone damage or loss
- Simple and painless process
- Helps maintain proper facial shape and structure
- Stops existing teeth from shifting into the spaces left by missing teeth
- Only calls for two to three visits to an affordable dentist
- No surgery needed for this simple dental procedure
- Temporary solution
- Relies on the natural teeth for support
- Demands removing a great deal of natural tooth structure from the nearby teeth to accommodate the dental crowns
- May slip or shift when talking and chewing
- Must be replaced every 10 to 15 years
To make the best dental decision for your case and your needs, ask your dentist to recommend the best replacement option for you.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Tampa, call Advanced Dental Care of Tampa today at (813) 701-3088 or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Tampa. With 20 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Advanced Dental Care of Tampa, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Advanced Dental Care of Tampa.