Ten Ways To Curb and Cure Halitosis
If you have halitosis, you also have hope for reversing your case of bad breath. Family dentistry specialists shared some good ideas to help you say good-bye to bad breath.
- Brush at least two times a day, but preferably after each time you eat. This will allow you to clean away lingering food particles and plaque, which breed bad-smelling bacteria.
- Floss every day to remove trapped food particles and plaque in your teeth, which can also breed odorous bacteria.
- Visit an affordable dentist at least twice a year for check-ups to detect plaque build-up, as well as cleanings to remove it.
- Treat dental problems immediately to prevent them from worsening and affecting your teeth and breath.
- Rinse your mouth each day with an anti-bacterial mouthwash to further fight oral bacteria.
- Eat a variety of fibrous fruits and vegetables, because they scrub away foul-smelling bacteria on your teeth.
- Increase your saliva flow to help rinse away food and bacteria in your mouth.
- Discuss your medications with an affordable dentist to see if they cause halitosis.
- Review your medical conditions with a family dentistry expert to determine if they may be affecting your breath. These conditions include cancer, lung disease, liver disease, kidney disease, diabetes, respiratory tract infections, and metabolic disorders.
- Stop smoking and using tobacco, which can lead to serious problems that harm your health and your breath.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Tampa, call Advanced Dental Care of Tampa today at (813) 701-3088 or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Tampa. With 20 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Advanced Dental Care of Tampa, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Advanced Dental Care of Tampa.